What’s the difference between licensing and accreditation?

March 4, 2023
We provide the licensing and accreditation needed to establish a new university and offer comprehensive guidance throughout the process.

This involves helping our clients understand all the legal and financial requirements around university establishment, as well as providing marketing and branding advice to ensure their university or college stands out from other educational institutions.

Our competitors can only offer a limited service, either licensing or accreditation, as most don't have the skills or team required to provide a turnkey service. This is why EEC stands out from the crowd – we can offer our clients everything they need to get their university off the ground easily and efficiently.
We aim to provide a complete service that will give our clients every chance of success when setting up their university. With EEC, you get a complete package of expertise and support for your university startup project.

 At EEC we're looking at building a long-term relationship with our clients, where launching a university is only the first step.

 We are confident that no other company can match our team of experts and their specialized knowledge.
Share This
twitter logofacebook logolinkedin logo


"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do." This is a quote by Pele (pronounced Pay Lay) - a world-renowned soccer player.
And without a doubt, such a mentality is necessary if your dream is to open a private post-secondary institution – it’s not something that can be done overnight or without a lot of planning.
Let's discuss the two crucial elements you should know about when opening a university: licensing and accreditation.

First: What is Licensing?

In simple terms, a license is an approval or state authorization that allows you to enroll and teach students at your academic institution. Without it, you won’t even be able to promote your university to the public.
As you are preparing to get your license, you’ll have to answer three main questions:
One — what are you going to teach?
Two — where are you going to teach?
And three — do you have a solid business and financial plan?
Once you’ve answered these three questions and have all the required documents, you can start your licensing application process to obtain state authorization. This step typically takes anything between 12 and 24 months.
After you obtain your state authorization, you can start promoting your university and enrolling students while getting ready for the next step: accreditation.

So What is accreditation?

Simply put, accreditation is a stamp of approval that signals to government officials and students that your institution offers quality education and is worthy of recognition. When your college or university becomes accredited, your students will obtain access to government and state financial aid, which in turn will increase your enrolment rate.
To summarize, a license is provided by a government authority that allows you to operate a degree or non-degree-granting institution, while an accreditation signals to the world that what you have to offer is of high quality and is legitimate.

Learn more about a University License and Accreditation in the links below.

Be sure to check out our next video "Should I open a private university or a nonprofit university?"  
Ready to start a conversation? Call or email me today.  
I’ve been helping clients establish universities in the US for over a decade, and I look forward to helping you, too".

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
close icon white