What Is Exemption From State Supervision?

March 30, 2023
We provide the licensing and accreditation needed to establish a new university and offer comprehensive guidance throughout the process.

This involves helping our clients understand all the legal and financial requirements around university establishment, as well as providing marketing and branding advice to ensure their university or college stands out from other educational institutions.

Our competitors can only offer a limited service, either licensing or accreditation, as most don't have the skills or team required to provide a turnkey service. This is why EEC stands out from the crowd – we can offer our clients everything they need to get their university off the ground easily and efficiently.
We aim to provide a complete service that will give our clients every chance of success when setting up their university. With EEC, you get a complete package of expertise and support for your university startup project.

 At EEC we're looking at building a long-term relationship with our clients, where launching a university is only the first step.

 We are confident that no other company can match our team of experts and their specialized knowledge.
Share this
twitter logofacebook logolinkedin logo

To become an accredited university, you first have to go through these three steps:

ONE: Licensing 

TWO: State Authorization 

AND THREE: Accreditation 

To learn about licensing, state authorization and accreditation in more detail, be sure to check out our other videos here.

When it comes to state authorization you have two options: 

ONE: Getting approval 

AND TWO: Exemption from state supervision 

Our focus in this video will be on the types of institutions that can obtain exemption.

Before we dive into these, remember that each state will have its own unique criteria for exemption, so it is essential that you familiarize yourself with them right from the start.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s find out who can qualify!

Religious institutions that exclusively offer courses related to this field could qualify in almost THIRTY states.

Exemption could be obtained if you offer programs that don’t lead to career opportunities - also known as recreational programs -  such as yoga. 

Members-only educational programs offered by trade, business, or professional organizations can also qualify for exemption.

If you operate a Test Preparation Institution, to qualify for exemption from state supervision, you must: 

ONE: Assist with exam preparation for students seeking admission to post-secondary institutions.

AND TWO: Offer licensing exam preparation including through a continuing education program.

Offering vocational courses such as cooking and auto-mechanics may be eligible in some states, but once again, qualification criteria will vary depending on your institution’s location. 

Finally, Federal Government Regulated Institutions or other federal agencies aren’t required to get state approval. 

Remember that this is just a guide, and you should never assume that you are exempt without checking first!

Ready to start a conversation? Call us or email today. We’ve been helping clients establish universities in the US for over a decade, and we look forward to helping you, too.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
close icon white